These are some of the things i had in mind while iterating on all levels.
1. Don't let the player find any exploits. Solutions:
- Enemies spawn at a random spawn-spot and sometimes pretty close to the bank to prevent the player from guarding spawn-spots.
- Added unbreakable obstacles on each lane so the player can't stand still and just attack back and forth in one lane.
- Random spawning crates for evolving combo opportunities in combination with trying to make the attacks feel satisfying.
2. Time constraint. For this project we had a constraint that a player should be able to finish the game in 10 minutes. This was something that I had to have in mind when iterating on levels and amount of levels.
3. Not to hard. Not to easy. This was a difficult balance especially when it can differ from play-test to play-test depending on who is playing.